About Win Without War
Win Without War is committed to helping build a better, more just and more peaceful world by advancing progressive alternatives to America’s over-militarized foreign policy.
For the past 15 years, Win Without War has supported the foreign policy and anti-militarism work of the diverse array of progressive organizations that make up the coalition, including groups such as the NAACP, National Council of Churches, MoveOn.org, and CREDO Action.
Now, with Donald Trump in office, we’re facing new challenges and new opportunities. To rise to the threats we face today, we’re broadening our mandate and growing every aspect of our program. We’re also growing our team to build the capacity to accomplish our goals.
Trump’s belligerent approach to foreign policy means there’s no shortage of hard, important work for us to do. It would be easy to be in a near-constant state of emergency or to adopt a doom and gloom attitude, but we believe those are recipes for failure and burnout. To keep us in the fight for the long haul, we balance passion for our endeavors with a fun and laid back work environment, encourage appropriate work-life balance, support the personal and professional growth of our staff, and promote a collaborative team culture that emphasizes flexibility and a spirit of generosity.
Since the election of Donald Trump, Win Without War’s programmatic work has grown exponentially, increasing our administrative, operational, and development needs. We are seeking a Program Associate to join our small but mighty team and help manage the day-to-day operations and assist in our fundraising/development.
If you’re looking for an entry-level job in a fast paced team working to advance a progressive vision for America’s role in the world, keep reading!
Here’s what you’d do in the job:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Win Without War office
- Help maintain organizational records, files, and databases
- Provide research assistance and copyediting to teammates as needed
- Research current and prospective donors
- Assist in the strategic development of development plan, ensure compliance, and assist in reporting
- Work closely with Win Without War senior staff to facilitate programmatic activities
- Other duties as needed
You could be great for this job if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- A strong and consistent attention to detail and an ability to copy-edit
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compellingly and quickly
- Have strong organization skills and the ability to handle many competing priorities without letting key tasks slip through the cracks.
Everyone at Win Without War has:
- A passionate commitment to progressive values and to our vision of an American foreign policy rooted in those values.
- The desire/ability to develop a working understanding of the politics of foreign policy.
- The ability to work independently when necessary, manage projects, and execute multiple simultaneous tasks on tight deadlines.
- A healthy sense of humor.
- Fluency in written and oral American English.
- A desire to learn and grow professionally
Experience in one or more of the following areas isn’t required, but is a plus:
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and/or similar software
- Familiarity with fundraising/development
- Graphic design or videography, particularly anything demonstrating an aptitude for creating creative and compelling social media content.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: Starting at $40,000 per year. We also offer a generous benefits package, including health, vision, and dental, paid vacation, and a retirement program (403b) with up to a 6% employer match after 2 years of employment. The position is full time, classified as exempt, and is at-will.
Please note, Win Without War is a program of the Center for International Policy, and the Program Associate will be an employee of the Center for International Policy.
Start Date: As soon as the candidate is willing/able to start
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a thoughtful cover letter that specifically emphasizes why you think you’d be excellent in this particular role to email@example.com. Please include “Program Associate – Development and Operations” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
If you have questions about this role or the application process, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Win Without War coalition is composed of organizations representing a diverse and inclusive movement to radically shift American foreign policy in a progressive direction. We also recognize the importance of diversity and inclusion on the staff level as well, particularly from communities disproportionately harmed by the militaristic nationalism driving America’s foreign policy. The Center for International Policy seeks diversity in its workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. The Center does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices. We welcome applications from all, and especially encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees, Muslims, veterans and LGBTQ people to apply. We can’t wait to hear from you!