The US, UK, France, Germany, China, and Russia are in the final stages of negotiating a comprehensive nuclear agreement with Iran. This deal would verifiably stop Iran from building nuclear weapons without dropping a single bomb or risking a single life. We could have the deal sealed before the end of March…
But Congress is about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Senators Bob Corker (R-TN) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) just introduced a bill that would give Congress the power to veto a nuclear agreement. President Obama and our negotiators say that this dangerous bill would end talks with Iran and put us on a path to war.
We know we’ve asked you to make this call before, but we need you to make it again. Prime Minister Netanyahu’s speech will control media attention tomorrow and risks drowning out the voices calling for peace. That’s why your Senators need to hear from you again.
You’re one of our strongest advocates for peace. Please call your Senators and demand that Congress let diplomacy work with Iran.
1. Call the Capitol toll-free* at 855-686-6927
- Ask for one of your Senators by name
2. Tell your Senator’s office:
- I’m from (city, state) and I support negotiations with Iran
- I urge the Senator to OPPOSE both the Corker-Graham Iran bill (S. 615) and the Menendez-Kirk sanctions bill (S. 269)
- Passing the Corker-Graham bill or the Menendez-Kirk bill while negotiations are ongoing will convince Iran that the U.S. cannot deliver on its end of a deal. They would push Iran away from the negotiating table and put us on the path to war with Iran
3. Next steps:
- Repeat this process to contact your other Senator
- Amplify our message: Share this post via email, Facebook and Twitter
- Report back: Let us know where your Senators stand on Iran
*Toll-free number provided by the Friends Committee on National Legislation, a Win Without War coalition member