On January 20, President Obama will stand before the nation and announce his agenda for 2015. At the same time, Senators are gearing up to undermine the President’s plan, especially when it comes to diplomacy with Iran. The Senate Banking Committee is preparing to debate and vote on a new Iran sanctions bill, which President Obama and our negotiators warn would end talks with Iran and put us on a path to war.
Call your Senators to echo the President’s call for diplomacy with Iran.
1. Call the Capitol at (202) 224-3121
- Ask for one of your Senators by name
2. Tell your Senator’s office:
- I’m from (city, state) and I support negotiations with Iran
- I urge the Senator to OPPOSE the Menendez-Kirk Iran sanctions legislation
- New sanctions would violate the interim nuclear deal, push Iran away from the negotiating table, and put us on the path to war with Iran.
3. Next steps: