Win Without War is committed to helping build a better, more just, and more peaceful world by advancing progressive alternatives to the United States’ over-militarized foreign policy.
Multiple positions are available with Win Without War. They include a digital communications internship, policy and advocacy internship, and campaigns and programs internship.
The ideal candidates for any internship with Win Without War will:
- Have a passionate commitment to progressive values and to a United States foreign policy rooted in those values.
- Have the ability to work independently when necessary and execute multiple simultaneous tasks on tight deadlines.
- Have an ability to accept constructive feedback in meaningful, productive ways.
- Be excited about working in a fast-paced, small team in an activist environment.
- Be heart-driven, positive, collaborative, fun, and kind – and want to be part of a team and network that feels that way too.
Full-time WWW interns will receive a stipend of $500 per month and part-time WWW interns will receive a stipend of $250 per month to help cover expenses incurred during their internship.
The Win Without War network is composed of organizations representing a diverse and inclusive movement to radically shift United States foreign policy away from a violence-first approach. We want our team to include leaders who recognize the communities and the causes our policies impact and reflect the diversity of the United States. Communities disproportionately harmed by the militaristic nationalism driving U.S. foreign policy and underrepresented in the broader field of foreign policy are strongly encouraged to apply.
Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, refugees, Muslims, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We can’t wait to hear from you!
The Digital Communications Intern will provide direct support for our Digital and Communications programs as we strive to keep our members, partners, allies, media and other stakeholders engaged and informed across multiple digital and media platforms about our campaigns and resources.
- Supporting content production and maintenance of social media platforms on a daily basis, including drafting regular content for Facebook and Twitter
- Producing news and other media reports/roundups
- Tracking social media, digital advertising, and website analytics
- Assisting with research and drafting media advisories
- Creating, proofreading, and distributing content to help publicize Win Without War’s work and progressive foreign policy values across various digital and media platforms
- Helping to plan and execute creative petition deliveries and other in-person escalations of digital actions
- Conducting research to support campaigns in progress and help determine viability of new opportunities
- Supporting staff with other programmatic work when necessary
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Interest in digital communications strategies and technologies
- Impeccable proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills with a strong sense of tone
- Proficiency with leading social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
Experience with one or more of the following areas isn’t required, but is a plus:
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, or SQL
- Web design and content management
- Graphic design and video editing
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- A cover letter (please include your desired start date, end date, and weekly schedule)
- Your resume
- If currently or recently enrolled in school, a copy of your transcript (can be unofficial)
- A list of 2-3 references (please include their name, relationship to you, and contact information)
- A short writing sample (1-3 pages, non-academic strongly preferred, an excerpt from a longer sample is fine, on a relevant topic if possible. Feel free to include a few social media posts for an organization/page as well if you have written any.)