Last Updated on March 11, 2019.
The 114th Congress arrived in Washington this week, eager to legislate their hawkish foreign policy views, especially when it comes to Iran.
Please ask your Senators to stand up for diplomacy during the new Congress.
We need your help to explain to Congress why diplomacy matters. Many new Members of Congress are also new to foreign policy. They don’t understand that their constituents care about nuclear negotiations with Iran. I often hear from frustrated Congressional staffers that politics gets in the way of policy, meaning that Congress won’t oppose sanctions unless we make them. The only way to overcome hawkish political forces in DC is to flood Congress with a clear and unwavering pro-diplomacy message.
With stakes this high, every single phone call is important. Can you take a moment right now to call your Senators?
Republicans in the Senate have made clear that one of their first orders of business will be to scuttle talks with Iran by passing new sanctions. Unless we act now, these new sanctions would violate the interim nuclear deal, push Iran away from the negotiating table, and put us on the path to war with Iran.
Tell your Senators: Let diplomacy work with Iran. Do NOT pass new sanctions!
1. Call the Capitol at (202) 224-3121
- Ask for one of your Senators by name
2. Tell your Senator’s office:
- I’m from (city, state)
- I support nuclear negotiations with Iran
- I urge the Senator to OPPOSE new sanctions on Iran
- New sanctions would violate the interim nuclear deal, push Iran away from the negotiating table, and put us on the path to war with Iran.
3. Next steps: