Last Updated on January 8, 2014.
News broke just before the holidays that a number of Senators, including 15 Democrats, had cosponsored Senator Bob Mendendez’s new sanctions bill to blow up diplomacy with Iran and set us on a path to war.
Tell Congress: Give diplomacy a chance by OPPOSING the Menendez-Kirk Iran Sanctions bill.
This bill would undo much of the progress we made with Iran in 2013. Even worse, it would ruin ongoing talks with Iran. Last month, an unclassified intelligence community assessment warned that “new sanctions would undermine the prospects for a successful comprehensive nuclear agreement with Iran.” President Obama has asked for Congress to give him and our partners the time it takes to pursue diplomacy. We need to tell the Senate that their constituents want them to support the President and diplomacy, not to irresponsibly trigger another unfunded war in the Middle East.
Tell your Senators: Let diplomacy work with Iran. Do NOT pass new sanctions!
1. Call the Capitol toll-free at 855-68-NO-WAR (855-686-6927)
- Ask for one of your Senators by name
- You can use this congressional directory to find your Senators
2. Tell your Senator’s office:
- I’m from (city, state)
- I oppose S. 1881, the Menendez-Kirk Iran Sanctions bill
- This dangerous bill would hurt negotiations with Iran and lead us down a path towards war
3. Next steps:
- Repeat this process to call your other Senator
- Amplify our message: share this post via email, Facebook and Twitter